4.06.2022

We Die Young (Quick Film Critique)




 1st of all, I would like to mention that I'm creditable to write this harsh critique on the film.

  • I'm a Latino born and raised in the Washington DC area, my father is Colombian, and my mother is from Chile, I lived in Colombian in the mid 90's
  • I grew up near the University Blvd area (mentioned by narrator in the beginning), from the smell of the fountain with fishes inside the medical center by Carrol Ave to getting Ledos at Adelphi Plaaza to working at Golden Bull off Riggs Road.I can go on if needed.
  • I attended classes at Montgomery College, Takoma Park (mentioned in the film)
  • I had my fair share of run ins with the MS13 gang. (I had friends in high school that joined them, I was closed to getting jumped and stabbed by them in a parking lot, luckily It was saved by some Dominican homies that happen to drive by, I had friends that were on missions to go to random bars to take them out, plus I had fans that were MS13, tatted to the forehead that supported and bought my music.
  • This film definitely does not look like it was filmed in the Hispanic heavy populated neighborhoods of the DMV, If we going to talk University Bldvd. I didnt see anything that resembled Wheaton,  Langley Park, Lewisdale not even Riverdale which is heavy Mexican popualayed.
  • A 20 minute bike ride to the White House might be from Mt Pleasant or Columbia Heights
  • Latino kids (especially Salvadorans) do not speak like they do in the movie.
  • DC does not have that much MS graffiti (maybe parts of VA and MD)
  • There was no mention of pupusas or pan de pavo sandwhiches in the film?
  • No cumbia music at the wedding?
  • Whats up with the scribbled tattooss on the gang member faces. Did the film do this on purpose to disrespect the gang?

No comments:

Post a Comment