7.22.2012

LA CONEKTA DC


July 20, 2012

A night or weekend to put in the history books. God threw us some crazy obstacles (flat tires, rain, sound technicalities, and more) but we were able to overcome them. As they say in show business "the Show must go on". My first fam' from NY came down. (Gab Gotcha, Calle Cardona, Scarboro, KB) along with Bills Billete, Cream, Don Dinero, Prince, and special invitado desde Medallo, Locombia......Kiño.

They performed around 1am by this time a lot of the local artists had left which makes no sence to me. Cardona hosted it and introduced Kino who went on first and did his thing knowing he had a flight to Boston the next morning. Gab spit a couple of songs, RDBM, Bills Billete and finnally Don Dinero. Don Dinero performed his classics plus some stuff from his new album. The stuff from the new album reminds me of some Kid Cudi mixed with some southern mix.

One thing that I find amuzing about these events is the ego & unprofessionalism that some of these local artists have. There are certain artists that be begging to be put on..."like pleeeeeeeeeease, put me on, pleeeeeasssssse...Ill do anything" And then they come to stage do there thing and leave. fukoutofhere. They be acting too Hollywood, they really have no idea what shit is about.

Rappers from Los Angeles, California, Colombia, and New York traveled miles to come rock out on the mic. And these local dudes don't appreciate that or they hate on that or dont look at the bigger picture. When there turn comes to travel they gonna be on their own out there and get no love....Real recognize real from the fake... fuckoutof here wit ya ego and ya mixtape...ya aint celebrities. Bajase de esa nube. Now I understand some folks gotta bounce cause they have a day job or another show, or whatever. But let me tell you something

I been and I can go to any hood in the US from Corona,Queens to South Central LA to East Boston to Lil Havana Miami to ChiTown to the most dangerous hoods in Colombia. People got love for me cause I show love back and I relate to them. Im a humble and real azz person. I dont need to get on stage w 10 people to back me up, I dont need to show up to an event w a mobb of wild g's. I been there and done that. I'm an MC I can rock the crowd anywhere by myself and I generate new fans at every event.  I get love cause I go to shows and I sacrificed a lot to build my network and to get where I'm at.





No comments:

Post a Comment